The General Has Spoken
General Beauregard Lee, our local Georgia groundhog, has made his prediction. This furry person--who lives in a miniature mansion when he's not predicting the weather (see the columns!?)--has decided that this winter of our discontent shall end sooner rather than later. We shall say nothing of his previous doozy-of-a-wrong-prediction--the blizzard of 1993 that shut down Woof U for days--and simply thank the AJC both for this picture and this description of that other, Yankee rodent, "groundhog gliterati Punxsutawney Phil." [sic]



6 Comments:
Exactly how does a groundhog become a general?
I love the name Beauregard. It's my second favorite name, the first being Blaise.
I fail to believe that winter soon is ending here. It's only just begun.
I second the love for the Beauregard. There were some hotties with that name in college. Woot!
JB--I'm assuming nepotism.
Scottie--And it's an apt name for an animal who looks for his shadow! We Georgians may install our larger rodents in mansions, but we're also quite literate, apparently. (As you well know!)
66--I tend to agree given the sultry December and January we had, but I dare not question General Lee!
MA--At your school? I don't doubt it for a second. Maybe the General's mansion is a fraternity house? I see him as a KA?
What's the deal with Southerners giving honorary military titles to people and apparently critters? Its not like they had a long and distinguished military history. I just don't get the attachment.
Post a Comment
<< Home