Oh, bother . . .
I had a fun weekend, but one still steeped in blueseyness. I'm convinced it's winter that's doing this to me. Or the Yaz maybe. It better be winter, because otherwise I'm becoming a complete Debbie Downer.
Evidence? Well, I'm glad you asked!
1. I started going through some files and whatnot for my taxes and I became completely convinced that I need to really figure out my finances since I'm going to die alone. (Image: sniffling while looking through student loans. They're not that bad, you know?)
2. Went to a dinner party that was Bridget Jones-esque in its ridiculous seating arrangements--"single girl and smug marrieds"--and yet I found no humor in the experience. I found myself wanting to claw my eyes out instead.
3. Had Chinese food with a girlfriend and found myself arguing for why I needed to move. Again. After I've gotten so settled. Again. Because sadness can only be cured by hiring movers? (Actual quote: "I can't sit in that coffeehouse and work. It's a cute man vacuum.")
4. Started my Sunday morning by seeing a funny ad for my ex on a dating website and wept instead of laughed. At least I didn't throw up this time. (There were misspellings, too. This should light me up like a Christmas tree, not make me pine.) <--this may be hilarious.
5. Watched Jane Eyre on Masterpiece Theater last night and thought, "They've really captured the charm of the book here. The two of them are not nearly as dour as I recall." (That, or I'm so past the point of dour that Mr. Rochester seems chipper!? Danger Will Robinson!)
This needs to end post-haste. I have no room for other people's happiness, I find stories of pleasure depressing, and I've basically become Eeyore to everyone else's Pooh. This is not me. I AM POOH!
Ok, that made me laugh out loud. Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Labels: whiner


8 Comments:
Oh no.. it is my inclination to blame the pharmaceuticals. And you will NOT die alone, of course. If you're single and I'm single at retirement ages, we'll spend the money we won't have to leave to anyone on fabulous trips around the world. By then, we could even travel to space!
Ok, now I feel really bad for sending you that ad, whereas before I only felt moderately bad about it.
I blame Yaz.
I'm sure it's just a temporary thing. You'll resurface. I know you can do it. You are Pooh! :)
It is Pooh who says, "Oh bother..." so that is a start.
At least you're not Rabbit. If the 'hundred acre woods were a game of Survivor he would have been the first one I voted off. I always liked Eeyore.
If you and MA are single at retirement age, I'm joining you so we can all get a big house and go to the local Coco's for dinner. (And by "local" I mean in Maui.)
I completely gave up on men this weekend if that makes you feel any better. You can laugh at my patheticness. (Wait, is that a word or did I make that up?)
MA--Thanks, man. I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with the hormones coursing through my bloodstream. Scary.
JB--No, it should have been much funnier. MUCH funnier.
MG!--Rock on. Honey all around.
GSR--You're absolutely right. Although I'm a bit too Rabbit for my own taste, quite honestly.
Megan--Maui it is. Never been there!
What's so great about Pooh? Tigger was the exciting one.
You'll die alone only if you die before your 35th birthday. You haven't forgotten that you and I are going to marry each other if neither one of us is in a meaningful, promising relationship by then, have you?
Post a Comment
<< Home