Yeah, I got your weird right here . . .
My beloved friend MA has asked for six weird things about me. Really, it's hard to choose, especially since a lot of my weirdness is already out there on display. Hmmm . . .No particular order:
1. When I start to watch the BBC miniseries of Pride & Prejudice, no matter where I pop in the DVD or tape, I have to watch the whole damn thing. I may only want to see the lake scene or the mother shriek "Mr. Bennet!" but then I'm trapped watching the entire 10 hour blow-out. It's like when Cartman hears a piece of "Come Sail Away." Only classier.
2. I loathe things that are inappropriately small or large. Dollhouse furniture makes me sick to my stomach, and I don't care for oversized things, either. My roommate had a GIGANTIC flower in our apartment, and I struggled every day with throwing the damn thing out.
3. I sometimes talk back to beloved tv characters, particularly newscasters. When Jim Lehrer says "good night," I nearly always reply "Good night, Jim!"
4. Baby dolls freak me out. I had only stuffed animals and Barbies growing up because the fake babies and the cutesy little smiling children weirded me out. Someone got me a Cabbage Patch Kid (a knock-off, as I recall) when I was little, and I had to carry it around out of obligation. I despised that doll.
5. When I work out or drive long distances, I fantasize about parts of my life that could be transformed into musicals. I cannot count the number of times I've imagined song and dance breaking out in the hallways at work.
6. I only like holding hands with someone when I'm falling asleep.


12 Comments:
My sister had a knock-off Cabbage Patch kid that she refused to play with because he was "too normal."
"I only like holding hands with someone when I'm falling asleep."
That's weird, but sweet too.
I love these, especially your disdain for objects of an inappropriate size. Do you think that connects to your dislike of mascots?
The hand holding one stuck out to me. There's something so honest about it that makes it beautiful. It's things like that that make you so interesting to me.
JB--Abnormal, more like it. But I take your point. Shudder.
MA--It's but one of my many nutso charms.
MG--I feel certain it does! I almost put that down as one, but it's such old hat 'round these parts.
Megan--I could totally ruin it by giving you a lengthy rationale for this behavior, but I think I'll just let you keep thinking I'm sweet. :)
What is your take on things of unusual size?
66--I encourage them to die within smelling distance of my 1st floor bathroom. (ROUSes, of course.)
I would have also accepted "I don't think they exist"
When I work out or drive long distances, I fantasize about parts of my life that could be transformed into musicals.
I like to imagine that I have superpowers. I guess that is pretty much the same thing...
66--Nicely done.
Chimmy--Hey, fantasy is fantasy. No judgments here!
Which musicals? Or are they unique Megarita musicals? Which would make me think that those may be the first musicals to feature early 80's Michael Jackson and/or Hall & Oats.
It's more like music videos, to be completely honest. The music starts playing and things just start happening. I'm a child of the MTV generation after all, GSR.
As far as MJ and Hall and Oates, only "you wanna be starting something" and "I can't go for that." :)
Post a Comment
<< Home