The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Stinky, redux

I left my apartment yesterday and ran into a group of three guys right next to my door who were leaning against my car and gasping for air. Thankfully, I was wearing my professorial gear--namely my uniform of turtleneck sweater, short skirt, boots, and long camelhair coat paired with hair in a bun and sunglasses--and could at least look threatening.

Hahahaha this is perfect!

After they gasped, "good morning" I realized that these fellows worked for my rental company. I think I must have lit up like a beacon, and I chirped, "Are you here to get rid of my bad smell?"

After uttering these words, I became unnecessarily tickled by the phrase and had to bite the inside of my lip to prevent myself from breaking into Beavis laughter. I have experience in this kind of containment, because I had to do it whenever I spoke to my unfortunately-named dentist in Turtle Town, Dr. Ho. So, I'm still a 10 year old. But I'm a prepubescent with a degree, bitches!

While I was desperately trying to contain my giggle-fit, the three stooges were nodding sagely and asserting that they were indeed here about the smell. They pointed behind them to a storage space used by a law firm in town, and said, "it stinks in there."

I demurred, saying, "it smells like a small, fuzzy creature met his bitter end in my wall."

Again, the elder stooge nodded sagely. "Smells like something dead all right, but it's water. That lawyer fellow's got standing water in there that's taken a turn." Other two stooges nod frantically and look back at the perilous swamp from which they had emerged before my door opened.

[Geek side note: my first response to this news was "oh no! all his briefs and papers will be irreparably damaged by the water and the moisture! we must warn him!" Second response was, "what's his name, because I sure as hell don't want him to represent me."]

Hilarious picture of a rather fey lawyer from the UK.
This is how I imagine my moist lawyer neighbor.
Note how he is throwing away paper.

So there is no dead thing in my wall. It's idiot lawyer sweat, or something.

Meow! I told you, fool! I'm not dead!

11 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Claven said...

Standing water that took a turn? So standing water is OK until it betrays its tag-team wrasslin' partner by hitting it over the head with a folding chair (AKA "a foriegn object")?

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger mysterygirl! said...

Yikes. I'm glad that the culprit has been identified, but I'm sorry that that means the cat photo may have to be retired.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Grad School Reject said...

Did JordanBaker write the caption underneat of the cat? Either way I am betting she approves.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Megarita said...

Claven--Maybe if the water took a fall, but I think a turn has similar possibilities. Like when milk turns? (OH! Memory of the comic "Milk and cheese go bad"! Anyone? Anyone???)

MG!--This cat is all that stands between me and lawyer-cide

GSR--She's becoming quite the literary influence! I did sort of hear her voice when I wrote the caption. Ha!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger m.a. said...

No one likes it when a woman or water has turned.

I have no idea why I just wrote that.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

At least it wasn't sitting water. Once water sits down it is really hard to get it to leave.

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Megan said...

Really? It's about some water? I was convinced you had a dead animal farm resting in peace in your graveyard walls. Huh. Go figure.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

I want "Are you here to get rid of my bad smell?" to be followed by a nice wa-chicka-wow-wow. And yes, love the captions.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

MA--I was also thinking of the expression, "the worm has turned," which was one of my mom's more inscrutable favorites.

Chimmy--I did wonder why water is always kept standing. This explains it--bad houseguest.

Megan--Yep. I agree that I tend to hyperbole once in a while, but it is indeed stinky.

JB--Exactement! That was why I laughed--sounded so much like a proposition.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Ryane said...

HAHA. Beavis laughter--that's great.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger susan said...

The kitten lives! Glad nothing (dead or otherwise rotting) was in your walls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home