Potpourri

First, I'd like to congratulate the television talk show host who accused Hugo Chavez of installing his own brand of "tropical neo-fascism" in Venezuela. Of course I can't find the link now, but it made my day. Great phrase, as though Mussolini went on holiday.
Second, I'd like to bid a fond farewell to the pink dogwoods on campus today. (my photo didn't turn out, so you get stock.) You foolish, foolish plant. I know it's been 70 for a week, but we're getting some sort of nasty, icy precipitation this week and you will look more like this:
Stupid plants.But I am looking forward to an actual taste of winter. I've worn a wool coat to work TWICE so far this academic year. Here's hoping for a scarf and gloves, too!
Here's to the driving my fellow southerners will likely exhibit if we indeed get frozen rain on Thursday. Nice. Nice nice nice times when I'm the competent one in winter weather.


8 Comments:
Where would Mussolini go on vacation? Asides from the obvious choice of Ethiopia, naturally. Then again Venezuela is "little Venice." Except that the little version of the city is larger than all of Italia.
I always thought it was strange that San Diego-peoples would vacation in none-other-than, HAWAII. Yep, beach peoples living in an arid, Mediterranean climate would fly to a beach in a tropical climate to get away from it all. And yet, people are always surprised when I tell them I've never been to Hawaii.
Do you think that Bush looks at the pics of Chavez all dressed up in robes and ski hats and thinks, "Damn....Why didn't I think of that? Heh heh heh..." ?
The get-up reminds me of the types of things that are worn by the kids in the nativity scene at the end of Love Actually. And that makes me smile.
It actually SNOWED here last Friday morning. Granted, it didn't last too long, but whatever. This is truly remarkable because my city is in the desert and it has only snowed ONE other time in the history of my life (I was in the 3rd grade). The weather surely is odd lately.
Sorry, that's all I have to add to this one. But seriously, SNOW!
I'm in favor of ANY form of government that makes its leaders wear hats like that. I don't care if they make you eat a kitten before voting; it must happen.
Claven--I haven't been to Hawaii, either, but not for lack of trying.
GSR--I've never been happier about finding an image of a world leader. (He's in Bolivia, by the way, with the leader of Bolivia in native Bolivian garb. Or something.)
Megan--Yeah, I'm bidding grapefruits farewell this year. Sorry about that. rooting for Florida now.
JB--Bolivia, baby!
Damn. I'm too late for the party. The car looks like it has been through a lot. (and a poor parking job). Poor car.
Yeah, I find the car even more riveting than those beautiful outfits, and clearly that's not like me.
I like your sense of humor. ;)
- paradoxical-rose.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
<< Home