The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Wait, wait . . . that wasn't what I meant at all!

Yeah, so I came home from a fun-filled afternoon involving flunking a kid out of my class in the third week of school, an unexpected bill for my car, and the gynecologist. I was not in a great place. I've been in worse, but not great.

I returned to find that the rental dudes were back. I said, "hey" as I wondered idly what they did in my apartment all the time when I was away, and they said, "guess what?" And I said, with a soul killing flatness, "what. what did you do."

"We found that rat!"

You mean the rat that didn't exist? That was "standing water"? The smell? THAT smell?

Yes! The boys were very very pleased with themselves, and I was whooping and high fiving them and dancing as happily as a woman can while carrying a complete Shakespeare and a set of papers.

Then I messed up. I said, "Is it still here? Can I see it?"

Horror.

Looks of complete disgust.

Shakings of heads.

I grossed out the dudes who get rid of dead rats for a living. Sigh. I sort of backpedaled, said, "you guys are my heroes!" then ran into my house and slammed the door.

9 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger mysterygirl! said...

I'm just dismayed that there was a rat in the vicinity of your living quarters. But I am glad that they found it!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger susan said...

Sounds about like the time I grossed out the veterinarian by asking if I could take home one of the testicles of the miniature donkey he was castrating. (My mom wanted to see it.)

I too am sorry that there was deceased rodentia in your apartment, but also glad that it has been removed.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger B.K. said...

Wow. You've flunked someone already? Damn woman! That's got to be a record.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger m.a. said...

Heh Heh. I agree with Neil.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

Well, look at it this way...maybe this kid you flunked out will someday become a dead rat finder.

Circle of life.

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger Megan said...

I KNEW there had to be a rat! I didn't think you were hyperbolic at all before, I was just convinced this couldn't all be due to smelly water. Yay for finding a dead rat!!!

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

MG!--Hee! I totally grossed out my friends last night by describing what they guys told me about the rat. 'This big!"

Susan--thanks, but the rat was in the storage space next door. That's totally acceptable. It's when they're popping out of your toilet to say "howdy!" that you've got some serious things to deal with.

Neil--I know! that's what I said when i brought her in. Soooooo sad.

MA--I think I've now set the land-speed record for my department.

Chimmy--Hakunda Matata, babe.

Megan--you never doubted me, and for that I thank you!!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

At least it wasn't a feral kitty.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Ryane said...

Haha. You know, after all of that, I probabaly would've wanted to see it too! (Is that wrong??) haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home