A trip to the Low Country--a photo essay
Well, firstable, these are all out of order, but blogger has exhausted me to the point that i cannot care. I went to Charleston this week, and I brought back a very few images to prove it.
This is a B-50 bomber. I saw its identical twin sailing very low across the highway on the way home from my trip. The MegMobile was buzzed by a bomber. After regaining control of the car--it was like a scene from Close Encounters: country "scenic road" with one car careening all over, the driver hanging out the window shaking her head to try and confirm that she has just driven herself to the European front of World War II.
This is a piece of art I saw in a friend's home. I had to immediately take a picture of it so that others would believe what i'd seen. Guess its title!!?

"What a nice pear"
This is a sense of how damn beautiful the historic houses and plantations near Charleston can be. My artistic cousins live down a road that is somewhat comparable to this one. It's an old tea farm. It makes my beloved loft look like kindling. It is an extraordinary house.

And I am extraordinarily weary. Charleston, while gorgeous, is far. Back to my Peter Wimsy books and my sofa for a bit. Socializing can wait, y'all...




12 Comments:
I love your photo essay--especially the pair. Thanks for the card as well!
Is there a South North Carolina?
Oh, and that pear is titillating...
Beautiful scenery pic at the end. I wish we had areas like that around here. Palm trees just don't have the same charm.
My first thought with the pear? "Those are some dark nips on that thing!" I have no sense of adventure.
Err, I'm pretty sure that's a B-29 Superfortress, not a B-50 [/geek]
Great photos tho. Enjoy your Whimsy :)
MA--thanks! I really just need to break down and buy a big girl camera, hmm?
Chimmy--i had a moment in the car with a map right after I saw this sign, actually. Great minds...I started plotting an entire road trip around these towns. Let me know if you're in.
Megan--Honestly, I found the fruit disturbing, but it also made me laugh.
FF--According to Boeing, it's a B-50. The superfortresses weren't prop planes, at least in the few pictures I looked at? It's not the right plane in any case. If you look carefully at the sign for North, there's a picture of the big plane--it's got jet engines and the edges of the wing are turned up. I have no idea what that is. Alas for poetic license among the smarties.
Sometimes the best part of a trip is being on the couch with your books afterward. Thanks for sharing some of the scenery with us.
I was once very deep in red rock canyon miles from paved roads or phones (and hadn't seen a person in hours), when out the blue a B-52 flew over at what had to be less than 5000 feet. It was completely and totally unexpected. Really, really wierd feelings.
I cannot get over the pair with tits. Fascinating! I am SO glad you took a picture. I wouldn't have believed you otherwise.
Shanonymous said:
What's up with the boob on the left?! Not as nice as the one on the right. I'm a big believer in symmetry.
MG--It's sad, but you're a sweet liar.
Claven--Isn't that creepy? Scared the crap out of me.
AMG--The pear was a stunner.
Sha--Alright, Pygmalian...simmer down!
Because of my fear of nipples the pear with boobs terrifies me.
new to your site via MysteryGirl. I simply love the architecture of Charleston - your treescape picture is so very Forrest Gump.
Post a Comment
<< Home