Snowball is playing a dangerous game
I'm hosting a few friends for a holiday happy hour this evening. This sounds fun, but there is a real danger that I'll be drunk before they arrive.Why, Megarita? Why do you have a drinking problem?
It's not a drinking problem, chiquitas. It's a solution. I'm building several Christmastinis. (I'd like to thank WalMart for giving me the courage to name them that without apology. No holidaytinis here! No Festivus Cocktails! Oh, no! BABY JEBUS WANTS A CHRISTMASTINI! Although saying this [laughingly!] makes me want to concoct cocktails called Magi-tini or Manger-tini and really take this to a new level. Where's Washington Cube when I need her?)
Friends like JordanBaker, MysteryGirl!, Retrodragon, and Momentary Academic have expressed concern over my Christmas madnesses. They describe their own holiday festive-ness in comparison to my own mania. A few paraphrases to illustrate:
"I'm pretty excited about my gingerbread house! I mean, not like Meg, but excited!"
"That's Meg Levels of holiday spirit!?!! Yikes!"
Thankfully, other friends like Diva T can still call me up and say things like, "Smiling's my favorite!" and we can roar and tra-la-la without a care. I am a happy goddamn elf this month.
But back to my potential hostessless award . . .
I'm building several 'tinis based on my favorite holiday flavors: nutella, chocolate mint, and creme brulee. I've found basic recipes for the latter two, but I've got only my past conversations with SuperMixologist Scottie to work with for the Nutellatini. I've bought things like creme de cacao and Frangelico (chocolate and hazlenut flavors) but the rest is up to me. Which means I need to start mixing minitinis around 5 in order to fix the recipe by the time my guests arrive.
Which means my liver might need some warning. Happy Friday, snowflakes!


7 Comments:
Nothing makes me happier than the thought of baby jebus wanting a cocktail.
And Meglevels of holiday (Christmas) spirit are things that I aspire to. I'll get there one day. Perhaps your Christmastinis will help.
Yum! I'm sure that your guests have some new holidat favorite drinks now. :)
or "holiday" drinks.
I feel no concern. We are clearly cut from the same cloth, my dear. I worry sometimes that said cloth may be on sale at Jo Ann Fabrics, but care not what I say in my tipsy stupor . . .
Wow. I'd just start slinging drinks when the guests arrived. But, you...you prepare the drink recipes in advance!
Kudos to you, Superhostess (not to be confused with Superhost).
JB--It should be one of the outtakes from ricky Bobby!
MA--CAreful what you wish for!
MG!--I converted people who were allergic to alcohol (they thought). Nothing says goodness like cocktails that taste like candy.
kris--we're totally high end. Big tread count here. Big.
Chimmy--I had to test 'em before I could sell 'em, chief!
And as an update, I had a nasty hangover all day Saturday and I'm off creamy drinks until next Christmas.
Post a Comment
<< Home