The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Turkey Roundup

Turkey Eve:

Number of frantic turkey roasting-related emails from siblings: 1

Number of Miller High Lifes consumed at club: 4

favorite dangling earrings lost while shaking tail feathers to Brit Pop: 1

Teeth chipped while drinking aforementioned and dancing at a club: 1

Number of "you know you're a redneck" jokes resulting from aforementioned: 20


Turkey Day:


Quantity of Agatha Christie mysteries read back to back on sofa while avoiding looking at the chipped toof: 4

Poundage of squash baked into a casserole: 8 pounds

Regularity guaranteed until: 2008

Amount of time spent at straggler dinner before first dirty joke: 15 minutes

Number of big dogs at dinner: 5

Pieces of toffee cake and pumpkin pie consumed after a brisk walk: 1 each

Post-turkey:

Hours spent round trip in car to visit pater: 7

Friends caught up with on phone during journey: 3

Amount of turkey shoved off on father and aunt: half of a 16 pounder and all the dark meat

Quantity of potatoes consumed by Megarita: approximately 4 metric tons (counting both jacketed/twice baked AND my own mashers)

Amount of sausage stuffing forced to consume by self because Thanksgiving was veggier than anticipated: an entire casserole

Number of phone calls or visits from he-whose-name-must-not-be-spoken (aka the Grinch Who Screwed Thanksgiving and Everyone Else Apparently): 0

Number of hours needed at the gym to make a dent in what I've done to my body: incalculable

Number of hours slept Friday night: 10

6 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger m.a. said...

I slept a lot too. I'm glad that you had a good time, and I wish that I had caught up with you on the phone.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

Sounds like a successful Thanksgiving. It is awesome that the chipped tooth didn't slow you down. You are a champion...my friend.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Washington Cube said...

Amount of calories consumed on "the" day of gluttony: 400.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

I'm most jealous of the Christie books and the sausage stuffing.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

MA--These were non-email, non-blogger friends, I fear. Hence the marathon convos!!

LC--I'm also WAY MORE VAIN than I thought. But no, nothing stops me eating my weight in mushy warm carbs. NOTHING.

Cube!--Damn, chica, are you ill? Uncool. I hope you are better or have stopped fasting.

JB--What, no chipping for you? Coward. I ate the last of that divine ambrosia yesterday and actually felt relieved and sated. Let the madness end!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Sounds like a truly successful Thanksgiving. Well done Meg, well done.

(Are we going to see a pic of you with the chipped tooth? Screw vanity--show it!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home