WWMD?
This is my birthday week. I always take a week because I feel as though the proper celebration of my nativity requires more than one full day. And more than one parade. And more than one card. I am greedy, but I limit myself to high holidays such as this one.
It's my 33rd birthday, which is . . . odd. I'm flabbergasted on a yearly basis that I continue to age. I thought for sure once I got past 30 that I'd be a-ok. But I still have little shivers around September when I think, "WTF?" But I don't mind. I honestly do think I'm improving with age. I'm definitely saner.
Because 33 is everyone's Jesus year regardless of faith or background, I've given some thought to classing-up this year's theme. I've decided it's "What Would Megarita Do?"
I think it's a good way to lead your life. Already I've helped Jordan Baker stop working, lie on the couch and eat spinach/artichoke dip, and it's only Monday. I've also helped friends decide to go ahead and order themselves (and me) a margarita the size of my LEG simply because it was served in a 3 foot high art deco glass vase. Why? Because it's what Megarita would do. What I would drive is an entirely different quandary and an entirely different post.I encourage you to embrace this ideology for the week. Before you make any life-changing decisions, take a moment, look at whatever article of clothing or accessory you've chosen to adorn with "WWMD?" (tattoos are acceptable if they are tasteful), and ask yourself the question. I'm happy to field questions in this space as well. The guru is in, and she's making martinis.
Labels: bad counsel, birthday, WWMD?




16 Comments:
Now I want spinach/artichoke dip. And a beautiful picture of Christ with a cake (a good new phrase).
I hope that you have a wonderful birthday week. In your honor, I will try to do a number of fabulous things. I'll keep you posted.
(What would you consider a tasteful tattoo?)
I hope that you have the happiest of birthdays. I'm totally going to the Hopper exhibit in your honor.
:)
Happy birthday week. :) I hope that it is everything you want it to be and then some.
And ditto the sudden and strong desire spinach/artichoke dip. "Growl," says the belly.
Hope you have a great birthday week!
I had a meeting today with some staff about incorporating virtues in our curriculum and the "what would Jesus do" thought came up. I'm going to propose that we change it to "what would Megarita do". I'll do my best to convince them that it's the way to go.
You scamp...celebrating your birthday all week. Why have I never thought of that?!
Since I have absolutely nothing to do this week...I promise you that every decision will be preceded with WWMD?
Almost certainly you wouldn't hang out with my Cleveland friends. I'll have to give them some excuse tomorrow as to why I can't hang.
Happy birthday week! Hmmm...WWMD? Would she go to work tomorrow or suddenly develop a lovely fake cough? I think I know the answer to that.
One of my chickies in San Diego does the week of celebration as well. This year she got a little upset that nobody would attend more than one of the several planned events this year. Silly birthday celebrating folk.
Does this mean you are changing your name to Megtini?
MG!--Love love love that picture. I'd say any ink without gratuitous airbrushing or unnecessary "tribal" details (unless you know what they are) would fit the bill.
MA--I'm likely going to take myself to the High Museum 'round here for some art time on the day itself. Absolutely WMWD.
Susan--Many thanks! I wonder if I've affected stock prices of spinach and artichokes. Mmmmmm.
Airam--it works better if they have some knowledge of me. Feel free to bring in the germ doll that is my avatar and speak to them through it.
Chimmy--I love being called a scamp! And I've been screaming THUNDERDOME for days, so it's payback.
Megan--Megarita is all about mental health days.
Cliffy--Nah, I just don't know how to make a decent 'rita. Ironic, I know. And I have multiple celebrations only when not everyone can be present for the main deal. They're like rain dates. Silly.
I think I'm going to get this inscribed on a medic alert style bracelet, in case I ever forget to lie on the couch watching CSI instead of working.
This completely explains the overwhelming urge to make golden cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Your super powers are quite magnicent. HAPPY DAY! kn
I think you should first celebrate by thanking your parents for not naming you Mehguh.
:) sw
JB--I like to think that you've accepted Megarita into your heart. The bracelet might be superfluous.
KN!! Naughty you! I missed my cupcakes this year. :)
SW--What makes you think they didn't?
Happy belated B-day! This will be my 33rd year as well...in a few weeks. I wonder how many of your readers are close to the same age.
I celebrated your birthday by eating eggplant parm tonight. Yummy!
Because you're not Miss Teen South Carolina????
PINDC--Dunno! we should start carding.
Shanonymous--HAHAHAHAHAHA
Happy Birthday...and I quoted you in my blog today.
Post a Comment
<< Home