The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Now with less shame

Not much to report, other than stressomnia (quote from co-worker, "You look rough!") and an incredibly productive morning of packing. So productive that I have had to find more boxes. Having sworn to come in under budget for this move, having shaken my fist in rage at the Home Depot at least twice in the past month, and still anticipating expenses for painting and a lot of liquor when I move in, I decided to cruise the local liquor store population for some boxes. (I think lost the parallel structure in there somewhere but I'm too sweaty to figure it out.)

I was running a little short on time today, so I ended up leaving straight from work to undertake this mission. It looked a little like this:
only I was wearing a floaty white skirt and a turquoise t-shirt and wedge sandals. And I got busted by the guy at my regular watering hole, who greeted me by name even though all he could see of me was my dangling legs. That's customer service, people.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Claven said...

My Saturday roughness was handled by jumping in cold water for an hour. Turning blue always gets the job done.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger mysterygirl! said...

Oh my gosh-- I love that you were recognized by your bottom half, and I love that tag. Right on. You're on your way to overcoming stressomnia

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger m.a. said...

I don't miss moving. At all. I wish you well, Ms. Megarita!

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

The only reason I stay in my miserable apartment is because I hate moving slightly more than I hate living here. Plus, I secretly enjoy suffering. I'm just like Jebus!

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Megan said...

Love the tag. I don't know how you're doing it all, but if anyone can do it with class, it's you babe!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

Claven--I think I was talking to you when you caught a glimpse in the mirror, though? "Agh!"

MG!--Gotta stop wearing those panties with my name on the bottom, I think.

MA--Gar. I hate it so much.

Chimmy--That's a scary vision of a potential eternity, Chimm.

Megan--You are kind. Obviously, too kind.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

I say this in a totally non-lesbionic way, but I would probably be able to recognize you by your legs as well. Because they're hot.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger playfulinnc said...

Wow. Those must be some gams!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

JB--Thanks, babe. I hope that's not just the Guinness float talking. :)

PIDC--Apparently! I should have thanked the guy rather than trying to haul myself out of his garbage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home