The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Cease and desist on the whine-fest

UPDATE: Not just alive, but alive and well. After cleaning the strangely water-stained-yet-dusty loft, I spent the night at my friend's house, played with her dog, watched Simon Schama's Power of Art, and was asleep by 9 pm. Consummatum est.

Am alive. Sweaty, but alive. I broke a mirror (not kidding) this morning during the move and finally reached the point of laughter. I've gone to a place of Zen, soon to be followed by more rage, then more zen.

To all those who have written wondering whether my new place can actually handle visitors, OF COURSE IT CAN! I have a 90 minute massage scheduled for Tuesday night and friends coming to help me "touch up" the clustersmurf paint job the next day. Come one, come all. (Esp you, hermano!!!)

Seriously, I think I may be on film somewhere. Look for the girl in the DC Nats cap (spring training, in red) sitting cross legged on a sidewalk, gazing at her moving truck in wonder and awe.

xoxo,
M

4 Comments:

At 1:59 AM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

I hope you get a happy ending...

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

I keep reading "moving truck" as "mooing truck." Which would be awesome, but very different.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Claven said...

I suppose your use of latin automatically implies things are at very least, well.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

Chimmy--Given that I finished it all off with a massage, you're not far from right!

JB--No, that was me mooing.

Cliffy--It's true, once I start spouting a dead language I'm in the pink!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home