Valentine's Day Masssacre
I got a nice, big box of See's Chocolates for V-Day. I am surprisingly not a huge chocolate fan, particularly the filled or truffly kind. The result of this strange streak of purist in me is that it takes me well nigh on forever to eat a box of chocolates. Particularly one this hearty.
Because of the amount of time, I have been known to forget that I have a box of chocolates in the house. If these were M&Ms or cookies, I'd devour them like a googly-eyed blue monster. But nice chocs? Takes a while. Apparently too long.
I went to layer two of my chocolates yesterday and found this:
If you can't see from my typically poor photography, my chocolates have been . . . violated. I had a houseguest last week, and she apparently took me at my word to have her way with the candy. She seems to have used the "poke" method to determine the filling of each chocolate. I'm more of a biter, myself, but to each her own.Labels: candy pokers


9 Comments:
That's so cheap--she couldn't even poke the bottoms so they still looked ok? Come on!
I don't like chocolate that much either. Now cookies....mmmmmm.
This just speaks to committment and character.
I'm literally laughing out loud. I do the same thing because I hate most of those filled chocolates, but the ones I do love I LOVE. Damn, now I'm craving chocolate. Too bad I gave up sweets and booze for Lent. (I'm a glutton for punishment.)
JB--They'd be flattened, then, but likely less beaten down looking.
MA--Yeah, it's a funny thing. I'll have one of these after dinner and be totally done. But I'd eat a bag of Oreos.
Claven--Libel against either my chocolates or my houseguests is not permitted.
Megan--God wants us to have sweets and booze. At least my God does.
WHAT?! That is seriously shady houseguest behavior, I'm sorry. I think there's a difference between having your way with something and outright [redacted] it. Yikes.
Then again, I love chocolates, so I would never make such a generous statement :)
The chocolates didn't have a guide as to what chocolates were filled with what? Having that legend is the best poke prevention.
That or a chastity belt.
MG!--Yes, I wasn't anticipating being taken literally. I offered the chocolates a morning after pill, but they said they were fine.
66--You know, I'm terrified to say that I agree with you. They're totally inscrutable without the poking.
That's outrageous! Wasn't there a guide/map enclosed that she could've consulted? I love chocolate. And I hate most of the fillings, especially the fruit and liqueur ones. But I don't get pokers. Pokers be damned!
Post a Comment
<< Home