The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Friday, February 16, 2007

I should be barfing right now

I had a huge bite of PB&J in my mouth at work when I read about the peanut butter recall, and I was eating a spoonful out of a jar when the news gave out the serial numbers for the Peter Pans that were to be thrown away. And is my jar one of them? Oh yeah. I had eaten the entire thing already over the course of a week, but still. I like to think that because the salmonella tainting occured in a processing plant in south Georgia--the land of my people--that the germies are already naturally occuring in my gullet. That or the honey and peanut butter kind didn't get infected. Charming.

12 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

I recommend that you automatically eat a large quantity of Nutella to purge the peanut butter out of your system.

And that you stop eating Peter Pan. I mean seriously.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

This is a good point, and one to which I must respond--I never eat Peter Pan, but the honey kind was on sale, so I bought it. I love honey. I'm much more of a "natural" peanut butter gal. Although I did just invest in a huge thing of crunchy Skippy. But that was purely financial. That natural shit ain't cheap, yo.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger mysterygirl! said...

I am a Jif girl myself. 'Cos I'm on the side of choosy moms.

Glad you're not sick.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Fr. Scott said...

The "natural" kind is a bit on the pricey side, but isn't a salmonella-free life worth it?

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Lara said...

Mmmm honey roasted is my favorite. And crunchy for sure. I'm a Jif girl, though, with MG. Is it sad that I really don't pay much attention to those warnings and alter my eating habits whenever they come on? Maybe I should.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Claven said...

I love the fact that as a true Jaw-jan you have stocks of peanut butter available. Does this mean you really have moon-pies and RC Cola stashed too?

I hope your weekend is bacterial infection-free!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Megarita said...

MG--It's really stunning I'm not ill, but I'm grateful!

Scottie--I have to cut corners somewhere, honey!

AMWG--I see you share my honey love. It's goodness, no doubt.

Cliffy--It's more poverty than my background that's driving the PB purchases. But I hate moonpies. Since I was a child. Bacteria-freedom right back at you, though!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger m.a. said...

How did I miss this one? Well, I'm sure that the honey acted as someone kind of counter agent? If you don't feel well, please go to the hospital, STAT.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

I want some peanut butter right now. Just like I wanted spinach a few months ago.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

MA--If I'd eated the PB all week without problems, I figured I'm in the clear. I did toss the remaining tablespoon, though. Just in case.

Mist1--Welcome. I'm off the stuff for a while after this drama. Or I would be if PB&J weren't lunch every day.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Alejandra Ramos said...

You're the second blogger that I've read about who was eating honey peter pan peanut butter while watching the recall news. I never even knew such a thing existed!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

Choosey bloggers choose not to vomit from eating peanut butter. If I'm gonna puke, I want it to be booze.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home