The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

This little piggy went to market . . .

Whenever I have passing doubts about my decision to move back to Georgia, headlines like this force me to acknowledge that I have chosen wisely:

Another Hogzilla Caught Near Atlanta

Readers of my former blog might recall a piece I wrote about wild hogs in Georgia. Seems like they're cutting loose and headin' for the big city! So, someone killed a 1100 lb. hog in Atlanta. That's just astonishing. Even better? There's a term for a pig that big. Makes me well up a little, I'll tell you what.

(The picture is of the mythical first hogzilla killed in GA--12 feet long, 9 inch tusks. This is the only evidence of the hog, since the head was "too large to mount on a wall.")

Update: Just learned that the GA legislature starts its new year with a Wild Hog Dinner (bbq). Interesting that this dinner took place just after this big beast got killed. (or kilt, sorry, JB). Coincidence?

10 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger m.a. said...

Damn. That's just scary stuff.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Reid said...

What...no mention of the amount of bacon you could get out of that thing?

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Megarita said...

MA--Yeah, wild hogs didn't factor into my decision making quite enough, perhaps. Remember this lesson for your own job search!

Reid--Ah, you know me well. I did indeed ponder this for some time upon reading the article. Then I realized that bacon comes from pigs, not hogs, and this would be like boar bacon--not the same at all. So that's my answer to not coveting huge chunks of hogzilla. See? It's totally logical!!

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Washington Cube said...

wowza

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

I believe the correct grammar would be "So, someone killt hisself a 1100 lb. hog in Atlanta," no?

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

Cube--See? It's hard to regret coming to a place where one has access to this level of weird.

JB--Careful. Do not anger Hogzilla or his keeper.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Reid and I were thinking the same thing. That's a whole lotta bacon and honey-baked ham.

California is boring; we don't get stories like that out here.

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

When I saw that story on Friday I thought to myself, "Now, I know Megarita is going to have something to say about this!"

Watch yourself...with hogs like that running around GA you better start packing a pistol with some wallop. No one wants to read in the news "College Professor Trampled to Death by Hogzilla."

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

M--California IS boring! Most places are compared to hogsylvania!

Chim--I might need heat. I drove by a store that said, "Post-Christmas Sale Guns & Knives." Maybe that can take care of this problem. "I'm looking for a handgun that can stop a raging pig?"

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger mysterygirl! said...

Holy crap. That is terrifying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home