The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Clarity or Hallucination?

As I was driving back from the Carolinas this weekend (yay conferences) I passed a billboard that nearly caused an accident.

It was for Hamlet.

Hamlet the miniature ham.

Now, I've been searching the internet for a full minute and a half, and I can't find a mention of this product or a picture, so I'm mildly concerned that I had some sort of altered state moment on the freeway while going 80 miles an hour on 85 south. Perhaps even more disconcerting is the fact that I hallucinated ham. Does Cracker Barrel now use subliminal imagery to lure unsuspecting motorists to their doorstep? Like the candy house in "Hansel and Gretel"?

Yet it is rather soothing and even exciting to see that there is a product whose sole purpose is to bring together the two passions of my life. (Not the only two, but the two that seem to come up in this forum a lot): pork products and Shakespeare.

6 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger m.a. said...

There's a book waiting to be written:

"My life with (ham)let: A life in pork and renaissance studies."

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

Um, I want. Single girls need hamlet.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Claven said...

Does this mean Honkey Barrel is adding them thar' books to the waiting area? I don't know if I'd be able to pull myself away from BALL IN A CUP!

And its OK to hallucinate about food. I hallucinate about decent fish tacos.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

MA--That might be the only book I've got in me these days!!

JB--Yeah, that's a t-shirt. But I hear you. A real ham is way too much for one person. You'd need a ham party. Hmmmm...ham party...

Cliffy--You laugh at the Barrel, but sometimes its siren song (and ham, actually) cannot be ignored. THey are evil and bigoted, however. Damn their tasty hatred.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

I think THIS is what you seek. Twas no altered state of mind...these things exist.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

Ahhhh, the sweet smell of sanity. Thanks, Chimmy. Now JB can get herself a mini-ham to call her own and I can get off of hold with my insurance company.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home