The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Get Outta My Dreams . . .

I've had a series of completely wacko dreams this week.

Dream number 1: I was at Princeton, but it was Hogwarts, and I was hanging out with the entire Harry Potter gang. They were either my age or I was their age, because it didn't seem nearly weird enough in the dream. It was not a sexy dream in the slightest.

This is Princeton's campus, and Hogwart's Castle

Dream number 2: This one is already fading, almost completely. It was something featuring one of the CSI type shows I watch. It also might have been House, because a friend of mine recently announced that I looked like Dr. House. This is both unsettling and hilarious. Perhaps my very obvious genetic ties to my family have been faked! Once again, however, I was part of a team., doing things Is this work anxiety?



This is me (in a stiff breeze, apparently?), and the man who is somehow my twin.

Dream number 3: I was wandering between a restaurant and a house in Atlanta, riding a very small motorcycle like the ones ridden by Shriners in parades. Several of my friends were there. The motorcycle could only be gunned by hand (but in a weird way--I don't know enough about motorcycles to make this make sense--it was like I had to adjust the seat on a car to make the bike go), and the handlebars were very close to the ground, so I kept on scraping my knuckles on the asphalt. There were a lot of car accidents and stuff, so I swerved a lot.


OK, so they're riding little cars, not little bikes. This looks like the street, though.

Maybe more like this.

Um, I don't know whether this is a cry for help or what. Any interpretations?

9 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

Hm . ..

I'm curious about how the dream about being on a tinymotorcycle! played, given your fear of disproportionate things?

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger mysterygirl! said...

Yep, the Shriners motorcycle one is the one that got me, too.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

Well, I can't understand why you're having these weird dreams, but I do know one thing...it isn't lupus.

It's never lupus.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger m.a. said...

It is not just I, darling, you are a nut.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

JB--Maybe it was just short? I couldn't see it, only ride it.

MG!--My subconscious is a strange and wonderful place.

Chimm--Well thank god for that!

MA--No doubt!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

I've never been good at dream interpretation, but I am fairly certain that the reason your hair looks as though you're in a stiff breeze is because you rode that minicycle without a helmet on.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Claven said...

House? Seriously? I know I've only hung out with a few times. But I never noticed a perpetual five o'clock shadow or limp.

I miss the days of bizarro dreams. I'm either sleeping like a baby or having stressed out dreams. Its one or the other with nothing in between.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

66--I'm pretty sure I was helmet-free! Perhaps I sustained some kind of head injury.

Claven--The actor, not the part. Look at pictures of Hugh Laurie from his days as Bertie Wooster. It's a little there. Blue eyes and long face. Less fuzziness on the face.

And in today's update to weird dreams: Momentary Academic and I were both commuting to a job in DC from HAWAI'I every day, and my mom was living in the other wing of my house. Completely gobsmacked this morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home