I'm tricky
In order to avoid owning a bag of candy, I'm actually not "doing"' Halloween this year. At all. This is my day off this week: to buy more bookshelves, to write my last conference paper, to grade, to finish Dracula, and to go to my burlesque/go-go dance class tonight.So no candy for the kids. If there are indeed kids in my complex. I know there are at least two. They walk their little bulldog puppy, named Violet (how do I know? I hear them screeching VIOLET! at the top of their squeaky lungs when they walk the poor beast on my days off.). Apart from that? I have no idea whether I will be overrun with angry slavering beasties or have a quiet evening. I'm playing the odds here.
Place your odds that I either a.) crack and buy emergency candy so I don't have to give children dried fruit or nuts, b.) turn off my lights and hide in quiet darkness if the doorbell rings, c.) kick in my neighbor's whimsical jack-o-lantern that looks like a witch flying to the moon--it's like a freaking work of art and I can't figure out how this guy did it, or d.) just buy sale candy tomorrow.
Boo in the meantime.
*And the image is what I would wear if JordanBaker and I were ever in the same town for Halloween. I will be Jeannie, and she will be the evil twin sister.
Labels: candy strike, Halloween


6 Comments:
I think that you'll buy the emergency candy and then give it away to your students.
:)
But I'm an optimist.
I vote for hiding with the lights out.
I, myself, will be hiding with the lights out. Of course, with the lack of time change, the sun is still out so I'm not sure how effective this tactic will be. But fingers crossed and all.
And I totally vote for D. I already cracked today and dug into my mom's stash when I visited this afternoon.
I turned my lights out, put on my headphones, and watched television until I was in the clear. I've had zero trick-or-treaters the last 2 years, so screw it...I wasn't buying candy this year!
Besides the kids in my complex already scream and yell like banshees. I don't need them running around on a sugar high.
MA--I teach before I go to the store, so HA! They get bupkiss!
Freck--Amen, sister. Turned out I didn't need to. Total radio silence. Like Village of the Damned silence.
Megan--Hear you--the sunny halloween is a let down, and I don't even like halloween.
Chimm--I think you're scary just the way you are. :)
Yeah, we need to live in the same town again so we can pull that off before we're too old and no one wants to see our wrinkly middriffs.
Post a Comment
<< Home