Chirpy
I was awakened this morning by chirping.Being the good city dweller from DC and Baltimore, I immediately ran through my list of what might be in my apartment. Mice? Nope, no signs. Rats? not with that noise. Crickets? No, unless they're ginormous COUSes.
Then I realized the chittering was a happy chipmunk frolicking in the flowerbeds below my window.
Awwwwww! I woke up in a Disney film! I'm not bothering to get dressed, because obviously the unseen mice will dress me later anyway!The past few weeks have been a little cartoonish, actually, and not always in that good way. It's nice to wake up to sunshine and fresh air--to wake up to sunshine in particular since my commute a few times a week has me up and out at sunrise and the rest of the week has been overcast and muggy--and be still.
I need to nest in a huge way. The apartment still isn't complete: the bookcase that outweighed me at IKEA or its mate still need to be purchased and my office needs more shelving. But these are being pushed to the side because I've been hugely social in the ATL, started seeing someone, and gotten myself into three conferences that require papers, like, NOW. So I'm frantic and tired and freaking out and having a really good time all simultaneously. You can see how blogging sort of fades to the background. Some things are too tedious to talk about, some things too personal (although I do want to take this time to apologize again to friends for oversharing the orange pee incident), and the rest you just don't have time for. (and by "you" I mean "me.") And don't even get me started on phone calls. Scottie B. hasn't heard back from me in weeks and is totally going to de-friend me! (calling today! for sure! love you!)
But the chipmunks made me smile. Maybe the reel is turning and I'm moving from action film to animated musical. Less Incredibles and more Sleeping Beauty. I can handle that.
Labels: anthropomorphism, full night's sleep


8 Comments:
The best thing about this is, I'm fairly sure that if the chipmunks and birds came in and tried to start dressing you, you would freak out in a really big way.
You certainly are a busy bee, er...chipmunk?
(I'm totally taking a cue from you.)
Well, go get 'em sparky.
JB--That made me laugh out loud. Absolutely I would wig out and go after them with a broom. Unless they sang to me, perhaps.
MA--I am, but I'm also a whiner, so grain of salt all around!
Chimmy--Thanks, booboo.
I have nightmares about COUSes. I am sure that they exist.
I got home Friday night and found a hypodermic needle on the street in front of my place. I'd prefer rodents. Human junkies? Do not want.
I really hope we get details about the new dude in your life. Yay for being busy! And I hope your birthday week was all you'd hoped it would be.
66--far be it for me to poopoo your dreams!
claven--yes, and I live in the city, too! SUCKERS
Megan--not a chance, but thanks! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home