If you like your own tree . . .

then you'll love this one!
Off to the most beautiful city in the world for Christmas.
And, depending on your holly jolly factor (hjf), enjoy one of the following:
In the immortal words of Scrooge, "If I could work my will," said Scrooge indignantly, "every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' upon his lips should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart. He should!"
Or, a 16th century fellow: "At Christmas play and good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year!"
Or, best of all, Gary Coleman, "What'chu talkin' 'bout, everybody!"


4 Comments:
: )
Have fun in New York! Woot!
Have an awesome trip! Be safe and rock on.
You would love what I did the other night. The Folger Shakespeare Library was doing a Christmas concert called Greensleeves, with a consort of singers and musicians (playing the old instruments), including Christmas carols and tunes of the period, featuring works by Henry VIII. Here's one of his Christmas tunes:
Green grows the holly
Green grows the holly.
So does the ivy.
Though winter's blasts blow never so high,
Green grows the holly.
As the holly grows green
And never changes hue,
So I am -- ever have been --
unto my lady true.
As the holly grows green
With ivy all alone,
When flowers can not be seen
And greenwood leaves be gone.
Now unto my lady
Promise to her I make:
From all other, only
to her, I me betake.
Adieu, my own lady.
Adieu, my special
Who hath my heart truly,
Be sure, and ever shall.
Post a Comment
<< Home