The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Horrifying realization with metaphors to match


The kickball game was immortalized on film, as it turns out, and there's a truly amusing picture of me running for a base. People thought I looked rather "sporty," but I just saw a graduate of the School of Goofy Runs trying to gallumph to home base. It's like taking a picture of someone when they're eating: they think they look perfectly normal, doing something they do everyday, but then the proofs come back and there is hair-raising shrieking all around.

I've felt like I've been running--goofy and otherwise--full tilt the past few weeks. I cleverly set up a series of mini-trips for myself this month, both conference and playtime. I'll be gone every weekend for the next four to six weeks. This seems like an excellent plan, but it doesn't get my midterms graded (hope I can bring those on a plane! Are pens still allowed?) or the Faerie Queene figured or Shakespeare's notions about providence in English history explicated. Nor does it get any articles revised or written, or add to my social network in my new town.

All whining aside, I am hitting the beach this weekend with my ubercool pal from high school, so I really can just suck it up and calm down. Maybe I can practice my running on the beach. Offseason now, so there won't be as many camera-toting witnesses.

6 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger m.a. said...

Nice Cleese reference. I wish I had such an exciting life. Nope. I'm boring. Just walking around town.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

"Are pens still allowed?"

I dunno, those airport peeps might be wary of the Pilot gel ink pen. Might make you dump all the ink out before you board.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

haha. I love the horror of self-realizations. My voice sounds like that!

I don't think you can take pens on planes anymore. You could write a really mean note to the pilot, and that is just not allowed.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

MA--At least you're walking around a CITY, hon. Count those blessings!!

66--I'm honestly concerned about this possibility. Damn the man.

Chimmy--hate mail is no joke, brother.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

amusing picture of me running for a base

They see me rollin'
They hatin'
Patrolin'
They tryin' to catch me
Runnin' Goofy

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger mysterygirl! said...

I am almost crying laughing at Jordan's "Riding Dirty" remix, so I'll get back to you with a remark about your situation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home