The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Friday, September 15, 2006

The continuing adventures of Crafty Megarita


Some of you fellow IKEA shoppers may have noticed this lamp in the recent catalog. I certainly did, and I thought, "how charming! That would look terrific in the new MegLair, I mean, my lovely-but-currently-still-too-austere bedroom!"

Did anyone think you had to put it together? I sure as shootin' did not! (Note and admire continuing attempt to ease off the potty mouth, s.v.p.)

But I did it. With much grunting, Swedish name calling, and wrestling of vinyl, I built this quasi-origami lampshade, which is now next to my bed.

Next, Big Girl Bed. I need another paycheck to get there, though . . .

5 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Washington Cube said...

From what I've heard, things purchased at IKEA often have parts missing (bolts, slats of wood, knobs, etc.) so I hope the lamp "kit" was intact. What a nester you've been these past few months. ;)

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Megarita said...

Oh no, it was all there. Just a horrific amount of assembly. Yet, god love the swedes for making it something even I could complete!

And yeah, I'm in a HUGE nesting place. New nest, you know?

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger m.a. said...

Slowly but surely, your place will be truly fabu!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

I'm amazed that you would buy something that's so close to being an oversized flower.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

MA--here's hoping!

JB--Your comment made me sit back in stunned silence. I've either "come a long way" or the fact that it's an abstract flower and a lamp is keeping it ok for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home