Delight in aerosol form
This is the bottle of air-freshener that lives in one of the bathrooms on campus. (Yes, I used my camera phone in the john. Aren't you grateful, though? So stop judging!) It makes me laugh every time I come to the bathroom for two reasons.*First, the extent of poop shame that must exist in this particular building. Every stall has a bottle. What are these people producing? What are they eating that necessitates this kind of response? It's a public bathroom! The smell will disperse! Be free! Do a courtesy flush!
Second, there's the more obvious pleasure of seeing Good Sense packaged in an easy-to-use deployment system. I've started tracking down cans of my own so I can stock my office with it and hose students down with my spray bottle of Good Sense when their ideas/excuses/papers make me sad or just surly. I imagine by spring semester I won't even have to use the Good Sense. I'll just start reaching behind me to my shelf 'o sense and the nonsensical student will collapse into complete surrender. It feels like a tool The Tick would use. "Stand by for sweet smelling sanity!"
I hope you all share my joy.
*really, there are dozens of reasons. The irony of calling anything aerosol "good sense" these days, the spanish translations on the back, the instructions of when to use Good Sense, the suggestions for other uses of Good Sense (which I say may be well nigh limitless), and the fact that my office buys this brand in bulk. You can basically hear sniggering from the ladies' whenever I'm in there is what I'm saying. Blame my Good Sense.


11 Comments:
Thank you so much for making my morning. I would love a can of Good Sense so that I can spray my coworker for bringing in her sick kid. Nooooooooo!
I could've used one of those last fall when I had that student who always smelled like cat piss. Hmmm. . .
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Haha! I want a can of Good Sense. I need to spray it on myself sometimes.
Although your last line gave me pause: "You can basically hear sniggering from the ladies' whenever I'm in there is what I'm saying." Is it because they hear you taking pictures?
Can you take it on a date? WHAT was I THINKING going out with you? Pssssssssssst.
Working in the field of education today means you have to buy that stuff in bulk, especially since your state is 46th ranking on SATs. Those kids need all the help with good sense possible!
(I, however, would buy it in bulk for myself. I say the stupidest shit sometimes.)
There are times when I could use a little "Good Sense."
Shanonymous said:
Please shower south GA with Good Sense when you come down. If Good Sense is out, please pick up a can of Common or $.02 instead.
You are a riot - I so needed that laugh!
MA--Yes! good Sense kills germs AND stupidity! Order now!
JB--Odor elimination is but one of the many talents Good Sense contains.
IR--that's right!
MG--NO, they hear me giggling while I read the label of Good sense. I'm sure there are a few colleagues who are actively concerned.
Cube--Do you spray yourself or your date, though?
Megan--They have absolutely bought this in bulk, but i'm not sure how Good Sense can help with the SATs
Chimmy--there are sometimes when we could use a whole freaking can, si?
S--Ha! Is Common the Walmart or Target version?
A dozen cans or so should do the trick on my incredibly idiotic co-workers...
Shanonymous said:
Oh girl... K-Mart is running a blue light special on Common Sense!!! However, could you imagine the lable if Issac designed it?! Delish!
Post a Comment
<< Home