She's Crafty . . .

I just recovered this chair on a whim. I had some scraps of silk left over from mi hermano's trip to China, and so I threw it on the chair.
Sadly, I am not the most patient of homemakers, so what you cannot see from this picture is that my little chair's upholstery is held together by staples (from an office stapler) and tape. Yeah, classy with a K. It should hold for at least tonight, which is all I need.
Bow before my crafty prowess!


3 Comments:
I love redoing chairs. And I can't wait to see your apartment. I must start saving money for the flight!
nicely done! and you can always finish it off later if you're worried about the staples etc. (though we used similarly "recovered" dining room chairs for 20+ years, so I wouldn't sweat it.
I've bought chairs from alleged professionals that don't look as good (and have the same staples I might add), so don't knock it.
I'm not sure I'd rely on the silk being, ahh, too longlasting, tho
Post a Comment
<< Home