Jesus Built My Bookcase


My car won't start. Something's leaching power from the battery, and I can't just get a jump because there are no garages open on the Lord's Day. So, after having a long talk with the Almighty about this scheduling arrangement and the inconvenience it was causing me, I decided to redirect my energy toward the pile of bricks and boards in my front hallway. (I was headed to work for a few hours, but Noooooooo no grading for my students! Nooooooo . . .)
I built the bookcase, version 1.0. I offer you before and after photos. (It's not crooked in real life--not sure what that angle is all about.) Unfortunately, like its architect, the bookcase is not completely stable. But it does look rather nifty. Mission accomplished. We'll see whether all that stain is really dry! The top needs something like a lamp or a big vase of flowers, so you'll just have to imagine it.


9 Comments:
I'm so proud of you. That's gorgeous.
love,
MA
You might need a new chrome cadagulator.
That looks great! You could market that stuff!
Congrats. :) Your car won't start. My desktop and toolbar disappeared this a.m. on my computer, and I've spent the day rebuilding it...after I went for my manicure and pedicure, of course. ;)
MA--It took me not having wheels to get around to it, but thanks.
Cliffy--Obviously!
VP--Yes, I'm like a walking advertisement for Home Depot. And foolishness.
Cube--You totally understand, then! I just want the car fixed so I can go to my aesthetician at 3, dammit!
Is Jesus free to do some work around my place in the next week or so?
I love The Bookcase Jebus Built. Nicely done!
Looks like you're going to need another level soon. I hope you have Jebus on speed dial.
Great teamwork with you and the big J!
Post a Comment
<< Home