Excellent news
Someone awesome sent me this as a Christmas present:

Yes, it's a foot-tall Shakespeare lamp. It's also very old and strangely wonderful. It was meant to be mine. I love it. It will live in my office next semester, but here he is presiding over my Bad Santa Brunch on Sunday.
(Want something similarly cool? Check out housewerks in Baltimore.)
Labels: Best. Christmas. Ever.


7 Comments:
Looks like a major award!
What a great lamp.
I've always wanted something bronze and author shaped for my desk--I would've thought bust, but lamp is awesome.
Chimmy--"And the Bard goes to...Megarita! For her use of cartoonish voices while teaching Paradise Lost!"
MA--It's inspiring. He's holding a pen and a book, by the way. Thought you'd be interested.
JB--Exactly. This is so much better than a bust. He can live with Bill and Will, the Shakespeare dolls I've collected over the years. I'm becoming "that" professor.
I think we should go in together and get Jordan Baker either a Margaret Atwood lamp or a James Ellroy lamp.
That lamp does rock - I'm sure my wife will covet it.
GSR--Ew. Atwood's is one bust I don't want to see. (ba dum dum!) And CR would totally "get" this lamp. Although perhaps with less irony. But that's why she's a better person than I am. :)
Since its not Italian or fra-geeel-aye, you don't have to worry about damaging your major award.
Post a Comment
<< Home