The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Taking it on the chin, turning the other cheek

I ransomed my beloved car from the mechanic's yesterday afternoon for a cool grand.

Yep, I paid $1000 for what started out as an oil change. Even the mechanic was sweating on that exchange.

But I love my car. I never begrudge it repairs. Especially since I've not had one major repair since I got the thing. It's due.

It's also time for it to start earning its keep. I'm thinking of it as my expensive boyfriend now, thanks to Chimmy. So I'm making it take me to the beach for the rest of the week. It's totally going to have to put out, too. Only fair. For one thousand dollars? Yep.

See you next week, poopsies.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

Aw. I think of my car as my gay British bestie who requires constant maintenance and presents.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger mysterygirl! said...

Yeah, one cool grand seems like it should be in the "hot girl" section of Chimmy's graph. I'm glad you've negotiated a beach weekend out of it. :)

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger mysterygirl! said...

(I also enjoy your Arcade Fire tag.)

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

How much money do you have that $1000 does not qualify as a major repair? I mean, I'm presuming that it wasn't just one thing that was wrong that amounted to the G, but still any repair that sends you into 4 digits should qualify as major, yesno?

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

Jb--My old car was definitely a gay man, but this one is my lovah at hearth's edge.

MG!--I am high maintenance, but my car puts me to shame.

66--Ooh, confusion. I meant that until THIS ONE I hadn't had any major repairs. This SOB means that mama doesn't get her pretty new big girl bed until after Christmas. Unhappy about it in a big way.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger I-66 said...

So the My Little Pony bed sheets will have to stay around for a little while longer? :)

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

I feel like there's some mockery going on here. My mockery detector is getting hits on your post.

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Megan said...

He best be putting out and doing everything you ask! Funny that this should happen to you now. Yesterday on the way to pick up my dad's car from the mechanic, I was driving him in my car and having him listen to the weird sound it was making. What can I say, he likes to pretend he knows something about cars. Anyhow, on the freeway, the sound gets much worse until suddenly there's a loud thump and it stops. Yep, something fell out of my car from under the hood. Not a pleasant feeling when you're driving on the freeway. But, at least I was on the way to the mechanic! So, my little baby who is getting pretty old will be spending the day at the "car spa" getting pampered. I fear that it will run me about the same as yours.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Grad School Reject said...

DC has turned me into such a "metro" person that my car has been driven 20 miles since February (literally), and the battery is currently dead from lack of use.

Does that mean my car and I are in the long term blase' sexless kind of relationship? ANd that I should suspect that it is cheating on me with other drivers?

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger playfulinnc said...

My car has been more of a gal pal to me...but the Subaru is totally male in comparison.

bravo to the Arcade Fire ref!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home