Anticipation
I'm having some folks over this weekend for what I'm calling a "Belgian Ale Tasting Party." People bring an ale they enjoy (really, any ale will do), I provide a few favorites of mine, and we eat cheese and dark bread and speak Flemish after a few rounds. Delightful!
One problem. I bought my share of beers, and now I can't stop staring at them in my fridge. Say hello to my little friends:


9 Comments:
Corsendonk sound dirty....and delicious.
KHAAAAAAAAN!!!
Seems like a lovely thing.
I picked up a Chimay Red today. I also grabbed an Ommegang which I never had before, but it was on the cheap side.
Can't beat a Belgian party. Happy drinking.
I really want to try Piraat now. Of course, given my feelings about Pirates, this should not be surprising.
GSR--Leave it to the Belgians to make just ordering a pleasure.
Cliffy! Fear not! You can purchase these delights in your metropolis and have friends over!
MA--It better be.
Chimm--I enjoy the 'Gang. I'm also a Red fan--never love the Blue or White the same way.
JB--Exactly why I grabbed it, that and the fact that I'd read about it as "one of the top three beers in the world." Whaaaaa? Or rather, Arrrrrrr?
Belgian seems very "in" right now. I know D.C. has a Belgian restaurant I have yet to visit, but seems to be getting rave reviews:
http://dcpages.com/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?ID=22309
You'll have to blog your party.
Piraat sounds like a pirate with affectations. "I'm a peer-aht." Instead of "arrgh," he'd be saying "arugula."
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cube! So nice to see you!
I think you're likely linking to Belge? Over on 8th SE? It's good! Loud and pricey, but good food, particularly the fries with homemade mayo, the mussels, and the draughts.
Post a Comment
<< Home