The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

MysteryGirl! saves me from going to the gym early!

I'm not done with my coffee yet this morning, so I'm going to happily roar through MG's 8 things meme while I slurp down my Seattles Best Breakfast Blend:

1. Post the rules, then list eight things about yourself. [Are these the rules?]
2. At the end of the post, tag and link to eight other people. [Nah]
3. Leave a comment at those sites, letting them know they've been tagged, and asking them to come read the post so they know what to do. [Nah]

1. I was in Alabama this weekend for theater. I've seen more good Renaissance plays in ALABAMA than I have in either DC or NYC in the past 2 years. This is troubling, people. Alabama's on to something. Send their Shakespeare Festival money now. Or go yourself! I will come with! We love.

2. On the way back from 'Bama, I basically emptied the state of peaches. They've got peaches while Georgia has only got little tiny guys and those are few and far between. Breakfast is soooooo good now. So's dessert. I had peaches and cream for dessert last night. Admittedly, I'd not had dinner, but it was gooooooood.

3. After JB's story about praline bacon I'm considering turning the room in my new place that I term the solarium into a smokehouse. I'd be smelly, but so happy. And possibly weigh 300 pounds.

4. I have officially become an adult, because I'm going to throw away all my Coppertone for this upcoming beachtrip because apparently this shit will kill me. See here. Goodbye Coppertone, hello Badger and Blue Lizard. Probably Blue Lizard since it's only 3 bucks a bottle instead of 25! Skin care bastards. I hope they smell as good as Coppertone. Damn. I'm buying a new bikini to make myself feel better. And a muumuu since I can't apparently be IN the damn sun anymore.

5. I've changed my workout at the gym to include a lot more lifting and a lot more squats and lunges. This has resulted in the development of an awesome little muscle on the inside of my thigh. I don't know what it is, but I love it. This love has resulted in mornings where I do goofy side kicks in front of the mirrors some mornings. Then I laugh. I'm not a burly person, folks. I like novelty!

6. I had a total meltdown yesterday at work because I got paid for 1/2 of my summer teaching. I realized that I will never be more than lower middle class (on a good day and only in certain cities) based on what college professors are paid. This send me into a towering rage that I took out on basically all those in my path. I'm angry and bitter still, but at least now my bills are paid and I've got food in the fridge and I just ate another peach. I just have to rethink things like ever traveling again and what kind of new bed I can get now, apart from the imaginary kind.

7. I watched Meet Joe Black the other day on TV. I have to admit that I love this film, both because I really enjoy the idea that Death could show up looking like an awkward Brad Pitt and because the ending makes me cry so hard that I wake up the next day looking like a round-faced Chinese doll. Dead parents, man. Gets me every time! (I did see Titanic was on, too, but I resent that the ending of that film wrings tears out of my sentimental self. Makes me want to punch the director. Sentimentally.)

8. I'm really really really excited about the Transformers movie but not ONE of my alleged friends will go with me. So I'm going to have to sneak into a matinée sometime this week and see it by myself. This is what happened with the Matrix, too. People! PRIORITIES!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Claven said...

No commment.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Grad School Reject said...

I would totally see Transformers with you if we were in the same city. I had a whole collection of them as a kid.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

Megarita the mirror poser. I would've never guessed.

And, none of your friends will go see the Transformers movie?! How many guys do you know?

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

My favorite part of Meet Joe Black is when Brad Pitt gets hit by the bus. Funniest shit ever.

And honestly, having been raised by a college professor, there is the potential to errupt out of the LMC. You just have to marry someone willing to be a corporate type for the first twenty years or so while you work at becomins famous enough within your field to get your university to continuously up your salary and give you all sorts of other ridiculous benefits as an inducement to stay. Follow this path and someday, you too may have the pleasure of supporting an aging parent and two adult children.

Oh, and if you have a smokehouse, I'm coming to visit and never leaving.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger m.a. said...

I wish I had your motivation to work out. That would be nice.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Megan said...

I've never seen Meet Joe Black. But now I don't need to since JB said Brad gets hit by a bus.

Sorry about the crappy pay. I'd commiserate but I take comfort in the fact that I only went as far as the Masters for my crappy pay.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger playfulinnc said...

As another college professor, and somehow, head of a small department, I am constantly dismayed at my financial future. Yes, I live in a small town, but as we're looking to buy a small house, the mortgage lenders refer to me as low income.

Ouch. No iphone for me.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger mysterygirl! said...

With the running I've been doing lately, I am getting that little muscle, too! It kind of freaks me out. "I have new contours!"

Mmmm, personal smokehouse...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home