The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It's not easy, being green

I came home from an incredible evening with friends--mojitos, indian food, fabulous conversations about telling the difference between Church of Christ and Church of Jesus--to find a visitor on my doorstep.

My handsome amphibian. Can I keep him, mom?

Let me mention that I live in a building that faces a parking lot directly behind a town square. There's not a tree or stretch of grass for about 30-40 yards in any direction. Where did this little creature come from? (Actually not so little--he was as long as my thumb. And I've got long hands!) And why is he adhered to my power meter? Is he some sort of Super Frog sucking the energy from unwitting Georgians?

I greeted him as I unlocked door, apologized for not inviting him in, and assured myself that Prince Charming would likely not be stuck to my door at eye level. But you have those passing worries! Damn, did I have enough mojitoey-goodness that I've been transported into a Grimm's folktale? Am I down the rabbit hole? Again? I hate when that happens. Don't you jump on me, frog.

*Random memory for those of a certain age. My library had a recording of the Muppets special "The Frog Prince." The story was all about Robin helping a princess who could not speak (or something?). I was entranced by this recording as a child. If my little frog could talk, I think he'd sound like Robin.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

He's adorable. You should take him in and name him Herman.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger m.a. said...

He is adorable. And your mix CD is coming, woman!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

You should've kissed him. I mean, he would turn into your prince and then wouldn't it be okay for him to jump on you?

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Claven said...

You wanna get hiiiiigh?

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

Hello, my baby. Hello, my honey. Hello, my ragtime gal. Send me a kiss by wire. Baby my heart's on fire.

If you refuse me, honey you'll lose me then you'll be left alone. Oh baby, telephone and tell me I'm your own.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

JB--He's too big to be really cute, I think.

MA--Excellent.

66--That sounds like a plan, but he looked so . . . froggy.

Claven--Always good for the licking frogs/stoned linens ref.

Chimmy--I never knew the second verse! My frog wasn't wearing evening dress, however.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Grad School Reject said...

If you ever start a band, please please please call it: Archetypes-n-Alcohol

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

If I have ANY culture whatsoever then I owe it ALL to Loony Tunes.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

GSR--Consider it done~

Chimmy--I am in awe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home