Well, it was good while it lasted
Halloween's over, and now the Christmas onslaught begins! It's only All Saints Day and the Christmas schlock is already up!! Noooo! I cannot burn out! I'm the queen of all things holiday--those in the know might recall my numerous trees and eggnog adventures over the years--and I can't get worn out early!I was startled into revelation this morning when I found the headline in the AJC that The Pink Pig Rides Again. Thinking that perhaps dipping my reeses cups in coffee and calling it breakfast was putting me in an altered state, I looked again. No, it's true.
The Pig is a life-sized storybook ride at one of the nicer malls in Atlanta. It's no Phipps, but it's Lenox. Needless to say, this author will not be placing a single delicate appendage in said ride. I think you can image why. So many reasons why. And I'm a HUGE pig fan.
In related pork news, a colleague of mine talked about her best Halloween costume ever--she went as Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird when she wears her ham suit for the school pageant. THAT, my friends, is quality. She made a ham suit! I just went as a fashionable pirate, for pete's sake.


6 Comments:
Ham suit. And pig rides? The south is a marvelous place, isn't it?
You really moved there for the pork goodness, didn't you?
Just remember - It is never too early for John Denver and Muppets' Christmas album. NEVER!
MA--I think the Pig comes from a children's book. Not even Georgians mix their edibles with their pets. Wilbur!!!
MG!--Hey, it didn't hurt!
GSR--Welcome back! Thanks to you, I never have to know. I've got it year round! I just foisted a copy of the Muppet Show season one on my friend's daughter. Soon, she will be one of us. Mwahahahahahahaha
I want your coworker to wear her ham suit on the piggycoaster.
As do I, JB.
Post a Comment
<< Home