The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Decadence


I have today AND tomorrow off from work.

After I rolled out of bed at 10 am, I spent yesterday on the couch reading two mystery novels back to back. Then I made a lasagne and ate a piece while watching Casanova on Masterpiece Theater. (the fellow playing Giacomo is quite good, and Peter O'Toole plays the elder Casanova! I had a massive crush on Lawrence of Arabia as a girl, so I was happy as a clam.) Then I read in bed for a while and went to sleep. Truly luscious.

I've promised myself that i'll pick up the place today, read Frankenstein for class, and grade the pile of papers in my bag. It's hard to change gears, though! I don't seem to be ready yet for non-vacation experiences! I'm still very much in slug mode! I'm going to yoga, I've decided, in order to ease myself into the day. Perhaps I'll shower, too. Big plans. BIG plans.

6 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Grad School Reject said...

I'm sorry, but where is the alcohol for these two days off?

I would recommend some Chimay (Red Top) for your afternoon leisure, and Chimay (Blue Top) for your evening. Or you know...whatever you prefer.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger mysterygirl! said...

Ah, those are the best kind of plans. I have been doing that a lot lately, too, although without the sanctioned days off to do so...

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger m.a. said...

SO JEALOUS!!!!!!

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

That sounds like heaven...I am looking forward to my vacation starting in T-minus 31 hours.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

What kind of state gives you a two day holiday for Columbus day???

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

GSR--your question is a good one. I had a Boddington's ON TAP last night, which may hold me for a while.

MG--Yeah, you're supposed to do this with some balance rather than swan diving into sloth.

MA--I hear you!

VP--Have fun. It's a good time, this nothing.

JB--It's the school, god love 'em.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home