Oprah is not a personal yoga instructor
I had to laugh when the headlines in the Post and AJC trumpeted Oprah's public declaration that she was not intimately involved with Gayle King. NOT GAY! NOT GAY!
Whew! Let the peace in the middle east commence!
Although if Oprah were gay, I think her cultural oomph alone could take care of gay marriage. Just saying, not judging.


8 Comments:
"I understand why people think we're gay," she says in an excerpt of the article provided to the Associated Press. "There isn't a definition in our culture for this kind of bond between women." (Sure there is: When you were little, you wanted to grow up and live with your best girlfriend...and you still do.)
"So I get why people have to label it – how can you be this close without it being sexual?"
Winfrey, 52, and King, 51, say their friendship of 30 years includes "four-times-a-day phone calls." (Like..."What are you wearing. No. Seriously. What are you really wearing.")
"Something about this relationship feels otherworldly to me, like it was designed by a power and a hand greater than my own," Winfrey writes. (It's called "The Rabbit," Babes.)
"Whatever this friendship is, it's been a very fun ride." (Strap On. Strap Off.)
Cube--You took the time I didn't to parse this. The "four times a day" made me snicker, and the "otherworldly" made me say, "someone's doing something right"!
See, it was the "hand greater than my own" that really got me. Because I'm 12.
heh heh heh.
Everyone knows. Stedman was (is?) a beard.
What's funny to me is that this proclamation was on the gossip sites weeks ago. Silly Post. Thank god I get all my news from Trent on Pink is the New Blog.
JB--Oh, there was a lot of snickering in the Nest this morning. Fear not.
MA--Ah, Stedman. Poor poor Stedman.
MG!--Exactly!! The fact that these two papers (and I'm sure tons others) were heralding this as news! BREAKING STORY! At least the Post moved it to entertainment news after a while. It's hard to read those stories while listening to NPR. It causes seizures.
The two friends say they would have no problem telling the public if they were in a sexual relationship.
Oh, come on...Oprah is as asexual as they come. O&G might have love for each other, but it ain't the kind that leads to a lot of thigh touching and heavy breathing.
They're cerebral lesbians.
I agree with MG, the papers clearly took too long to catch up with this one. It is already even on her E! (note appropriate use of the exclamation) THS produced circa '04.
Tomorrow in WaPo: Dewey Defeats Truman!
Post a Comment
<< Home