Briefly more, because my Monday sucked eggs
I had to be at work by 7 am this morning, which means I got up at 5, so I'm washing the memory of Monday away by remembering Saturday and Sunday instead.
1. Drinks with Scottie B. and JW at ABSOLUTELY FOURTH, my new favorite bar. It's absolutely on West 4th near the Sheridan Square subway stop (on the 1). Absolutely. And they absolutely offer 2 for 1 martini specials on Saturdays. And we absolutely got hammered on cotton candy cosmos, lemonades, watermelon (but not watermelon men) 'tinis, and lime frozen margs. Who mixed? I did, because I'm an idiot who hates to waste. The bar also makes their own potato chips, which are delish. I knew it was a good evening when I laughed too much and got a chest-ripping case of the hiccups. Now you can imagine the three of us teetering around the village with me cursing a blue streak in between hiccups. Such fun. I love my friends. I love that I was in bed by 10:30 pm and missed all kinds of exciting phone calls because I was doing a face plant in my pillow.
2. Sunday Brunch at Burger Heaven. This restaurant existed when I was but a wee lass in Manhattan, and then it disappeared, and then it came back! I got to eat macaroni and cheese and salad for brunch and then head out with Dr. and Mr. F and JW and get Chimay at my favorite frenchie bar on the east side (not to be confused with my beloved Mon Petit Cafe), all by 2:30 pm on a Sunday! I love my friends AGAIN!
3. The train ride home. Nothing spells sexy like reading either Sir Gawain and the Green Knight or the Source Book Companion to Shakespeare on the train. People really leave you alone. "Yeah, it's middle english. Don't MAKE ME READ IT ALOUD!"
It's hot here, people. Don't let Jordan Baker give you that line about "I rode my bike a thousand miles through the desert this isn't hot." It's hot.


7 Comments:
Hot here too. They said on the news tonight it would feel like 105-110 tomorrow (Tuesday.)
The weather is as hot as your post! (Sorry, that was lame)
If a Jawjuh girl says it's hot, I'll believe it. We've got 37C predicted for today, which will pretty much roast&toast us.
The alcoholics tour of the East Coast sounds fun - just dont tempt me with Sir Gawain on a train journey, I would ask you to read it aloud
Cube--I loathe this kind of heat, yet I seem to always live places where it's standard. My poor little A/C is struggling.
JB--I hate sweating when I'm not intending to sweat. That's all.
MA--Booo! If it weren't your actual b'day I'd say worse. :)
FF--I should be an expert, right? And you're correct, too, that I seem to be obsessing over cocktails. Hmmm. . .
Who's sweating?
Mmmm... cocktailicious. That + mac and cheese is like my ideal weekend. You are a lucky lady.
MR, I thought you didn't sweat, only glowed (perhaps quite brightly)? or have I been listening to too many southerners?
Post a Comment
<< Home