More seriously
The Navy midshipman who's being courtmartialed for rape will be charged with conduct unbecoming. This plus the Duke debacle is making me really angry at a lot of people. But it's hard to figure out who. Am I mad at the Man, the law, the system, the rapists? Or are they not rapists at all and I'm angry at the women, the alleged victims, the unjust accusations, because they are seriously fucking things up for women who are indeed raped. It's a toss up right now because I can't get a sense of the realities of either case. Whatever the truth, both cases are setbacks for prosecuting rape, whether for better or worse. Of course innocent men should not be punished, but making this harder for women does no one any good. And I have no one to lash out at about this so I'm lashing out at you, internet. (Although if anyone says, "well, she was drunk," I will consider you a fair target.)


2 Comments:
Great rant. I've been having the same type of conflicted feelings. The world sucks sometimes.
Happy Friday. Ugh.
Post a Comment
<< Home