The higher the hair, the closer to god
With thanks to Sister Louisa, who first showed me this expression. (The image is some half-assed t-shirt, NOT Sister L.)After a pouty Friday, I rallied myself to get my hair done on Saturday. I was feeling the need for a renovation, and I knew finding myself a southern queen to do my hair would make it all all right.
I was right. After three hours with Prince Valium the Slowest Hairdresser in the South, I have big blonde hair. I don't mean huge bangs and permed poodle locks, now. I just mean elevated blondation. No one north of Virginia does blonde like they do down here. I had forgotten how pale my hair was when I lived down here before. It's back now! I'm not going to lie to you; it looks good. Southern blonde looks good on me. With my shiny shoes on my feet I'm only a few steps away from full-on Dolly Parton. Except for the measurements, bien sur.
Fear not, I'm not trashy! I haven't bought a banjo But I have been partially reintegrated into southern female culture. I'm still (foolishly) wearing a strappy tank top and shorts--far too casual for a Sunday--but from the neck up I can pass. Actually, I'm still too pale. But I'm working on it. My gym has both a pool and patio and tanning beds. Because I'm in Georgia, you see.


8 Comments:
Go and get your southern girl on. (Sometimes, only sometimes, I miss it. Only I was not blonde, just done up more.)
....waiting for you to blog about how "pink is my signature color."
....waiting for you to blog about how "pink is my signature color."
and to rob another wonderful quote from that movie:
"Miss Truvy, I promise that my personal tragedy will not interfere with my ability to do good hair."
There is nothing trashy about banjos. Nothing.
MA--It's all about persona, yes?
Cube--I loved that movie. And it's blue, not pink. I am a Libra after all. And the Magnolias reference is more apt than you know.
JB--I should hope not! but if one more person makes one more crack about Deliverance and Georgia, well, all hell will break loose!
New hair is a guaranteed pick-me-up. Have fun reincorporating the south into your life. :)
I'd like to help here, but this clearly isn't my place to comment. All I can add is that your beehive title reminds me of the Barq's Root Beer ad where the girl says "Make it bigger Mama!" in reference to her hair.
MG--I know I feel better! That could be the inadvertant huffing of hair spray fumes, but still . . .
Claven--Barqs is southern; I'll allow it.
Post a Comment
<< Home