The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Georgia out of my mind

I made it!

After a week spent hurtling through West Virginia, visiting the original Colonel Sander's cafe in Kentucky, frolicking on horse farms, collapsing in the mountains outside Pigeon Forge (alas no Dolly, but it was a good choice . . . there were crowds like Disneyworld has never seen. more on the phenomenon of vacationing this way later, I hope.), and then arriving at my new place after dark and finding the place overrun with eight-legged creatures, I have arrived.

I'm even mostly unpacked! I've got a great place--lofty, exposed ductwork, great floors, decent amount of space, and 1.5 bathrooms. (Roadie J declared the upstairs 1/2 bath a "poop-free zone" because it was so tiny and clean. Hilarious.)

But now I've sent my roadie crew home to DC and I'm in my office in my new job trying to figure out how to use my phones. I've already been shell-shocked by my re-entry into the Deep South. And I have no hot water until tomorrow morning. But more on that later.

6 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

I'm so jealous that you went to see the Colonel--I spent a fair chunk of last night wondering why they play "Sweet Home Alabama" in the Kentucky Fried Chicken commercials.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on the new chapter of your life. Has your accent changed yet?

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Claven said...

Can't stop laughing at Neil's comment. I played "guess Megarita's accent" with voicemail yesterday.

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Megan said...

Welcome home! Can't wait to hear what it is like there!

And I second the laughter on Neil's comment. Classic.

 
At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on making it safely. Hopefully cool water is all you need at the moment.

and phone systems are works of the devil - eschew them. What's wrong with parchment and quills?

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger m.a. said...

You've made it. I'd rather have no hot water than no air. More on THAT later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home