48 hours
I will be defending my dissertation in two days, and I need ways to liven it up. I don't know if I can force myself to read the damn thing again, but I can prepare imaginary entertainments for the actual event. This is way more fun.
So far, I've received the following suggestions:
1. Use smoke bombs to exit the defense unseen (a la Batman). I'm thinking I can get these in Chinatown.
2. Respond to the first question with, "I don't know nothin' 'bout nothin'" and take a bite out of a moon pie.
3. Show up as a brunette.


3 Comments:
Those are some rocking ideas. I don't know why I find the moon pie bit so damn funny. I have a soft spot in my heart for rube routines.
Maybe you should just lip-sync your dissertation. That would be awesome...or do it as an opera. That would be even better!
Good luck, and don't rule out threats of violence if things aren't going your way.
You can borrow my fall if you want. . .
I don't know, I'm kind of digging the smoke bombs. It'd be memorable!
You could dress up in a Stay-Puff marshmallow man costume. But don't awknowledge it. Just act completely normal while presenting. If anyone asks, just look confused and be like, "What, this? It was laundry day."
Post a Comment
<< Home