The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Mmmmm...tastes like loser

I have gone completely to ground this weekend. I burned myself at both ends (hmmm...unfortunate metaphor, sorry) this week, this month, this year, and now I'm completely roasted. I actually appear to have become dumb, slow, and possibly bovine.

So, after trying to concentrate on X-Men 3 last night (first response? Despised how lame it was when it should have written itself. I mean, Phoenix is badass scary! Second response? Well, I did like some of the stuff that happened. Now I want to see it on TV and eat more popcorn with M&Ms) and trying to be a companionable chiquita this morning, I'm all out. I stopped by Whole Foods and then 7-11 and am now stocked on wine, fruit, cheese, nuts, and some protein, as well as some doritos and sunkist which caught my eye from the sidewalk in front of 7-11. I've got on track shorts and a tank top, hair's in a ponytail, and I'm not getting off the damn couch until at LEAST Sunday night.

I was feeling pathetic about this for a while -- why not hop a train to NY? why not call some folks up and demand fun? -- but then I realized I need to reboot in a BIG way. Start fresh, remember when I was fun, and get back to that place. So I'm all up in the nesting tonight, memorial weekend be damned. If eating cool ranch, drinking a beer, and sitting in my underwear is wrong, I sure as hell don't wanna be right.

4 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger kris said...

Yay! You're back! This made my weekend.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said...

No shame in needing to recharge once in awhile; Doritos and wine, on the other hand. . .. shudder.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Yay for having you back! Yay for finishing your dissertation! Yay for funny blog entries! (I'm all cught up now.)

Your weekend sounds similar to my own, minua the Doritos and wine. I think I need to make a pit stop to the store.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Megarita said...

BEER and doritos, people! I'm drinking wine with my Port Salut. Sheesh!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home