The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And so endeth the transition period.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

After the dissertation, there's...what?

I promised myself a little reward for finishing my dissertation: I'd get to do some silly writing again. I quit my last blog because I needed to focus all my energies towards writing big girl prose, and I guess it worked, but I missed writing about, well, silly things.

My plan is that this will be a temporary set-up that covers my journey from Charm City and DC down to my new teaching job in Georgia. (Hence the title. Thank you, Charlie Daniels Band. And thank you Stone Mountain Laser Light Show for making that song come into my head whenever I see even a laser pointer go on. Like a freaking Pavlovian dog now, you Confederate bastards.)

I know...I missed you, too.

1 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful news ... but, damn, it took me a month to find your new blog :(

Well, I guess that's this weekend spent, catching up ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home